Five Moons RPG is a tabletop fantasy roleplaying game by Sean K Reynolds.
Its play style will be familiar to fans of D&D and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, but colored by Sean’s experiences in the tabletop, card, and video game industry over the past 19 years.
The goals for this game are:
- Create a book that’s easy to read, understand, play, and reference, like the Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box (a product Sean wrote).
- Elevate martial characters to have parity with spellcasters, but still maintain fun and distinct flavor for each class.
- Reward roleplaying, adventuring, and social interaction instead of focusing on damage output in combat.
- Make characters less dependent upon their gear to survive and succeed.
- Create a longer play experience in the leveling “sweet spot” (the D&D/PFRPG equivalent of level 6 to level 12).
- Allow characters to level more frequently so they don’t remain exactly the same for many game sessions.
This game is being funded with a kickstarter campaign (running from September 23 to October 28, 2014).
Thank you very much for your support and we look forward to sharing news about this new game over the next few months.
Product number SKR125
Release date: August 2015 (PDF and print)